River Valley Co-op Community Fund
The River Valley Co-op Community Fund is a nonprofit charitable foundation established by River Valley Co-op's Board of Directors in 2013. Money contributed to the fund by River Valley Co-op and its member-owners will be pooled with contributions from 40+ other cooperatives to support the development of cooperatives and the cooperative movement.
The Board will use interest generated annually by the fund to make donations to qualifying local nonprofit organizations that contribute to the quality of life of Pioneer Valley residents.
River Valley Cooperative Community Fund Annual Grant Program 2016
Three grants will be awarded in the amount of $600 per recipient. Applications are reviewed by a grant committee comprised Board of Directors and will be announced at the Annual Birthday Celebration at the end of April 2017. Applications are due February 15, 2017.
Grants are given to registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations whose work aligns with our Mission Statement: To build a just marketplace that nourishes the community.
In addition, priority will be given to organizations that:
• Are based in the communities served by River Valley Co-op and address an environmental or social justice purpose.
• Have a written non-discrimination policy
• Use the funding for specific projects rather than general operating costs.
• Are nonpartisan and do not advocate a particular religion.
How to Apply:
The River Valley Co-op Community Fund Annual Grant Program recipient application has two parts: Part I is an online form. Part II includes written information that may be mailed, emailed or delivered in-person. All applicants must submit BOTH the online form (Part I) AND the written submission (Part II) in order to be considered. Applicants must include certification of nonprofit status and no more than one piece of supplemental information (brochure, flier, annual report, etc.) along with written materials (Part II). Applications must be received by February 15, 2017. Applicants will be notified of River Valley Co-op’s decision by the Annual Birthday Celebration at the end of April 2017. All materials (Part I and II) must be received by the application deadline in order to be considered.
Part I: Please complete the online form.
Part II: Written Materials
Written materials may be emailed as a PDF or Word document to email@example.com or mailed to:
River Valley Co-op
Attn: Natasha Latour
330 N.King St
Northampton, MA 01060
Materials may also be hand-delivered to the Customer Service desk Attn: Natasha Latour.
1. Narrative: Please provide a separate narrative (no more than two pages) including the following:
• Information about your organization and its mission.
• Specific information about how the funds will be used.
• A description of how the work for which you are seeking funding aligns with our Mission Statement and other stated criteria.
• If your organization has received funding from River Valley Co-op, please describe how this funding supported your stated goals.
2. Supporting Materials: Please include your 501(c)(3) certification. Applicants may also include no more than one piece of supplemental information (brochure, flier, annual report, etc.) with the written materials.