River Valley Market Local Harvest Photo Contest
Celebrate the beauty and bounty of our local harvest by submitting your best local agriculture photos to River Valley Market’s Local Harvest 2012 Photo Contest.
We will accept submissions through September 30. A staff panel will choose the top three photos, judged according to the following criteria:
a. Depiction of an interesting or iconic Pioneer Valley agricultural scene
b. Aesthetic appeal
c. Unique vision
The top three prize winners will receive River Valley Market gift cards in the amount of $100, $50, and $25.
- Maximum two submissions per person.
- Photos must be taken during the 2012 growing and harvest season, in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts.
- Photos must depict local food and/or local growers.
- Submissions must be in JPEG (.jpg or .jpeg) digital format, as high resolution as possible with your camera (for pros and skilled amateurs: at least 1,600 pixels wide if a horizontal image or 1,600 pixels tall if a vertical image), and no greater than 5 megabytes in file size. Please provide only the original, unmodified camera image.
- By submitting photos to the contest, you grant River Valley Market permission to use the photos in our publications, promotions and advertising (we will credit you as the photographer).
- Submit your photo(s) as an e-mail attachment (one photo per message, please) any time through September 30, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line of the message, write Local Harvest Photo Contest.
- In the body of the e-mail, include your name, address, and telephone number.
- Also in the body of your message, include a detailed caption with information such as the date, time, location and setting in which the photo was taken.
We will contact the contest winners and announce the results in October. All photos will be posted in an album on the River Valley Market Facebook page. We reserve the right to decline submissions for any reason.