Become a Member-Owner! Stop by the Customer Service Desk today to apply.
Everyone is welcome to join as a Member-Owner. Membership requires a $150 (minimum) equity* investment (not an annual fee). A payment plan option is available. We also have a low-income assistance program–inquire at the Customer Service Desk to learn more.
You are investing as an owner in the start-up financing of the co-op and have the opportunity to participate in the business development process. Your equity share will last long into the future entitling you to the benefits of River Valley Market cooperative ownership.
The co-op currently consists of over 5,000 member-owners! Together we support our co-op to meet our mutual needs for a just marketplace in the Pioneer Valley.
Sign up now!
Stop by the Customer Service desk and ask for an application form, or call 413-584-2665 for more information.
- As a Member-Owner of River Valley Market you can:• Receive coupons worth over $25 when you join, plus a thank-you coupon for 10% off one shopping trip.• Shop on Member-Owner Appreciation Days and receive 10% off all purchases (excluding beer, wine, milk and Buying Club).
• Participate in our BUYING CLUB. Save 15% or more when you pre-order by the case.
• Save $$ with our weekly Member-Owner Bonus Buys.
• Develop and sustain a strong LOCAL FOOD SYSTEM.
• Vote in elections and other member-owner votes.
• Run as a candidate in Board elections.
• Contribute as a member lender.
• Receive a subscription to the co-op newsletter.
• Join the UMASS Five College Credit Union.
• Become eligible for any annual patronage rebates declared by the board when the co-op is profitable.
• Own your equity share investment as long as you choose. Your share can be redeemed when/if you choose to no longer be a member-owner.
• Have pride in keeping River Valley Market a vibrant, sustainable community-owned resource for years to come.
The biggest benefit of all: owning and enjoying a great co-op food store in Northampton!