JOIN OUR CO-OP!
Become a Co-op Owner! Stop by the Customer Service Desk today to apply.
Everyone is welcome to join as a Co-op Owner. Membership requires a $150 (minimum) equity investment (not an annual fee). A payment plan option is available. We also have a low-income membership assistance program--inquire at the Customer Service Desk to learn more.
You are investing as an owner in the start-up financing of the co-op and have the opportunity to participate in the business development process. Your equity share will last long into the future entitling you to the benefits of River Valley Co-op cooperative ownership.
The co-op currently consists of over 7,800 Co-op owners! Together we support our co-op to meet our mutual needs for a just marketplace in the Pioneer Valley.
Sign up now! Stop by the Customer Service desk and ask for an application form, or call 413-584-2665 for more information.
As a Co-op Owner of River Valley Co-op you can:
- Receive coupons worth over $25 when you join, plus a thank-you coupon for 10% off one shopping trip.
- Shop on Co-op Owner Appreciation Days and receive 10% off all purchases. (Excluding beer, wine, milk, special orders, Buying Club, and Food For All)
- Participate in our BUYING CLUB. Save 15% or more when you pre-order by the case.
- Save $$ with our weekly Co-op Owner Bonus Buys.
- Become eligible for any annual Patronage Rebates declared by the board when the co-op is profitable.
- Invest with a Co-op Owner Loan during loan campaign periods. Ask for more details at Customer Service.
- Exhibit your art in the Cafe Gallery.
- Join the UMass Five College Credit Union.
- Vote in elections and other co-op owner votes.
- Run as a candidate in Board elections.
- Receive a subscription to the Co-Op Newsletter.
- Own your equity share investment as long as you choose. When/if you choose to no longer be a co-op owner, you may request to redeem it. (See by-laws for details including potential restrictions.)
- Be part of developing and sustaining a strong local food system.
- HAVE PRIDE in keeping River Valley Co-op a vibrant, sustainable community-owned resource for years to come.
The biggest benefit of all: owning and enjoying a great co-op food store in Northampton!