Grow Your Co-op!
River Valley Co-op Member Loan Campaign
We refinanced our start-up loans on March 10, 2014! We surpassed our goal of $2 million in member loans--thank you!!!
If you missed participating before the refinance date, we are happy to receive member loans at any time!
Terms (see Lender’s Guide for complete info)
- Available only to River Valley Co-op member-owners
- Member loans from $1,000-100,000
- Loan term is 4-7 years
- Lenders select interest rates:
- 0-3% on loans of $1,000-14,999
- 0-5% on loans of $15,000 or more
- Simple interest is paid annually.
- Member loans are unsecured and subordinate to senior loans.
Benefits of member loans
- Member lenders earn a highly competitive rate of return.
- Lower debt to banks means less dependence on outside capital.
- Member loans keep our dollars local.
- Member loans demonstrate tangible support for our cooperative model of business and vision of our community.
To make a member loan, call Board Member Jade Barker at 413.584.6487 or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also inquire at our Customer Service Desk.