CO-OP GREEN STAMP PROGRAM
In our effort to reduce waste from disposable shopping bags and to give back to the community, River Valley Co-op proudly invites our customers to participate in our Co-op Green Stamp program.
Shoppers receive a green stamp on a card for every shopping bag they bring themselves, or when they ride their bikes to the co-op. 10 stamps=$1. Shoppers have the option to donate filled cards to the organization of the month (chosen by vote by our membership), or to redeem them for cash or merchandise.
We typically aware our co-op green stamp program donations to local non-profits that serve our community in areas such as social justice, education, or environmental protection. In addition to the filled and donated green stamp cards, we also collect cash donations for our recipient of the month in cans near each cash register, and invite the recipient of the month to set up an information table at the co-op during their featured month.
Nominations are due by the 20th of each month Voting completed by the 27th of each month Donation collections begin on the 1st of each month
NOTE: Only co-op owners are eligible to nominate organizations and to vote. One vote per membership.
To nominate your favorite organization, stop by the co-op fill out a nomination form at the Customer Service Desk. Only member-owners are eligible to nominate. If you nominate an organization that is not chosen, you are welcome to re-nominate that organization at a later date by completing another form. An organization that receives winning votes may not be nominated again within 12 months of the month collections are made.
Recipients to date have included:
- American Red Cross Pioneer Valley Chapter Disaster Response Team
- Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary
- Blue Star Equiculture
- Casa Latina
- Center for New Americans
- CISA (Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture)
- The Conway School
- Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society
- Fertile Ground Farm-to-School Programs
- Food Bank of Western Massachusetts
- Friends of Hampshire County Homeless Individuals, Inc.
- The Garden: A center for grieving children and teens
- Grove Street Inn Shelter
- Grow Food Northampton
- Hadley Angel Garden
- Hilltown Community Health Center
- Interfaith Help Fund
- Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami Fund
- Kestrel Trust
- Monadnock Community Market
- New Orleans Food Co-op
- Northampton Living Wage Coalition
- Northampton Survival Center
- North Star Self-Directed Learning for Teens
- Phoenix House
- Prison Birth Project
- River Valley Market Low-Income Membership Assistance Program
- Safe Passage
- Shelter Sunday Coalition
- Northcountry Co-op Disaster Relief Fund
- Voices from Inside
- Whole Children
- Amherst Survival Center
- Broad Brook Coalition